Home news Manchester attack: Pre-inquest hearing due to go ahead

Manchester attack: Pre-inquest hearing due to go ahead

25
0

A pre-inquest review hearing into the deaths of the Manchester Arena attack victims is due to take place on Friday, the city’s coroners office has confirmed. Twenty-two people died when suicide bomber Salman Abedi detonated a device after an Ariana Grande gig on 22 May.Manchester Coroner’s Office said a date could be set at the preliminary hearing for the inquests to take place in 2018. Coroner Nigel Meadows opened and adjourned the inquests in June. None of the victim’s families attended the opening which lasted just short of an hour and was preceded by a minute’s silence.A separate inquest into the death of Abedi was also opened and adjourned in June.A notice on the coroner’s office website had earlier said the pre-inquest review hearing had been postponed until next year as the “evidence gathering process is still ongoing”.However, HM Coroners Office confirmed the hearing would take place at Manchester Town Hall at 10:30 GMT on Friday.
Source: BBC Tyne and Wear